Transcription Exercise 4
i:zI 'kʌm, i:zI 'gəʊ
Take a pencil and a sheet of paper and transcribe the proverbs below.
- You can also write your solutions in a word document. If you wish to do so, you can make use of one of these tools:
- Flash Phonemic Typewriter, here you will find many IPA symbols
- IPA charts, here you will find all IPA symbols
1. A penny saved is a penny earned.
2. Blood is thicker than water.
3. Too many cooks spoil the broth.
4. A friend in need is a friend in deed.
5. All that glitters is not gold.
6. Hunger is the best sauce.
7. Better late than never.
8. Necessity is the mother of invention.
9. Still waters run deep.
10. No use crying over spilled milk.
11. Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
12. Opposites attract.
13. The wish is the father of the thought.
14. The burnt child dreads fire.
To check your results, click here
Move on to Transcription Exercise 5