Exercises on X-bar Theory
Draw tree structures for the following sentences and answer the questions
- Harry will meet the professor in the foyer of the school.
Solution: Sentence One
- (:vips 10371:)
- (:vips 10372:)
- Harry cleaned the wand carefully with a handkerchief.
Solution: Sentence Two
- (:vips 10502:)
- (:vips 10509:)
- (:vips 10510:)
- Dumbledore sees intelligent new students of magic with sparkling wands in the yard.
Solution: Sentence Three
- Dumbledore wondered whether the students will attend his class of magic.
Solution: Sentence Four
- Is the following statement true? (:vips 10374:)
- (:vips 10503:)
- It astonished Mr. Dursley that Harry was a wizard.
Solution: Sentence Five
- (:vips 10504:)
- (:vips 10505:)
- Dumbledore considers him very talented.
Solution: Sentence Six
- (:vips 10506:)
- (:vips 10507:)
- (:vips 10508:)
Go to another exercise on X-bar structures