- Determiners are functional words at the left of a noun phrase, i.e. they occur in environments such as __ student(s) called., Pat wondered about __ student(s).
- Articles: a(n), the
- Demonstratives: this/these, that/those
- simple quantifiers: all, much, some, few, little
- complex quantifiers: a couple, a few, a great deal of, lots of, not any, hardly any
- Numerals: two
Combinatorial properties of the subclasses:
- Quant Art: students
- Art Quant: students
- *Art Art: * student
- Quant Quant: only some few is possible
Kaplan, Jeffrey P. (1989): English Grammar - Principles and Facts (2nd edition). New Jersey.